Baby Steps

I went for a walk tonight with my hubby... Besides being relaxing and good for me and a nice chance to spend quality time with my hubby and all that, I thought it would be a perfect chance to get a good "activity" type photo for my blog (I can't help it, I love photography and I'm always thinking about taking photos).
But, I have to say- this picture actually shocked me. It isn't just because it's a picture of me from the back (would anyone love a picture of themself from the back?)... The truth is, although there are definitely daily signs in my life that point out that I really have let my weight get out of control (which I'm sure I'll describe in another post another day), I do NOT feel like the person in that photo. Honestly, when I look at it, I'm like.... really? Is that what I look like?
So I have to admit I'm proud of myself for even posting it. (Finding a way to be proud... trying to make that a theme). When I first saw this picture, I almost deleted it immediately~ surely I was NOT going to post something that looks like that!
But then I remembered the point of all this... I'm making a change, and whether I intended for it to happen or not, that IS what I look like right now, and that DOESN'T make me happy, so that's EXACTLY the reason I'm posting it. Facing the truth, and taking responsibility... for me, I'm not going to be able to change anything if I don't really start doing exactly that.
So, I'm posting the picture for everyone to see... baby steps.
And for a little progress report-- I've really had an amazing couple of days, especially yesterday! I worked out at the Y and ate just perfectly all day. It felt really good! Today I relaxed a little in the afternoon/evening... they got pie today at work especially to say goodbye to me (my last day at the clinic is tomorrow), and I had a piece and was just fine with it. I'm going to have days where I want a piece of pie or something else like that (although Carrie, good for you for turning down that brownie!!), and that's going to be okay with me. I know I'm making an overall change, but I don't expect to give up everything I love and everything I'm used to-- especially not right away. Again, baby steps. But good ones :)
3 comments:
Hey you! Just finally getting a chance to check in with you. You know I struggle as well, I'm totally rooting for you (and if I'm smart I'll start taking baby steps along with you)!
Hi Kristin! Wanted to stop by and say hello on your blog and wish you all the best in these changes and reaching your goals, long and short term. I know you can do it! Thanks for inviting me to read your blog and join your journey. I'm adding you to my rss feed reader, so I'll be following you regularly!
And a little side note: remember listening to ABBA Greatest Hits together? You gave me that CD back in high school and I still love it. You're a sweetheart like that! I bet "Dancing Queen" would make a great workout motivator song... :)
Take care, Kristin-
Emily
Hey Kristen!
Good for you! I found it very fitting that you called one of your last posts "baby steps". I know how excited you two are to having a wee little one-and it sounds like you are headed in the right direction! As long as you keep that light at the end of the tunnel, you can achieve anything! Great job so far!
Post a Comment