Mr. Miserable
I found this little gem yesterday when I was out with April. Do you remember these?
So this little ditty, "Mr. Happy" by Roger Hargreaves, really, really spoke to me today. I'd like to share the moral of the story with you. (And I wanted to write the whole story out, but I don't want to infringe on any copyrights, etc, so here is the story, paraphrased by me):
Everyone that lives in Happyland is super, super happy. Mr. Happy is a 'fat, round and happy' inhabitant of Happyland (although I admit I was skeptical of just how happy Mr. Happy could be being fat and round, but that's another story). But seriously, you wouldn't believe just how happy EVERYONE in Happyland is!!
Then one day Mr. Happy finds a path that eventually leads him to a new guy, Mr. Miserable, who I'm sure you can guess is not at all happy. In fact, Mr. Miserable says he's "the most miserable person in the world," although he would "give anything to be happy."
So Mr. Happy tells Mr. Miserable to follow him, and when Mr. Miserable questions where they're going Mr. Happy tells him, "Don't argue!" and he takes him back to Happyland... eventually Mr. Miserable starts to feel better and even smiles and laughs for the first time ever, which makes Mr. Happy laugh and everyone else in Happyland laughs with them, too.
And then there's the last part of the story: "And that's really the end of the story except to say that if you ever feel as miserable as Mr. Miserable used to, you know exactly what to do, don't you?"
Take home message? You can tell where I'm going with this, I'm sure, so I won't go on and on about it... What I will say is that I DO know exactly what to do, and I'm going to keep doing it. Every day, for as long as it takes.
0 comments:
Post a Comment