Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Ugly Truth

Okay, here's the truth... and it's ugly.

I went away last week on Thursday, to a cabin on an island that was FILLED to the brim with tons and tons of food. And then someone brought DQ cake. And someone else brought the most amazing brownies I've ever had.

Yes, that's right. HAD. Had many, in fact.

So here's the ugly truth of what happens when I eat as much as I possibly can for four days straight and completely and totally fail at the goals I mentioned in my last post:



What can I say? I didn't get fat because I have exceptional self-control, DUH.

But it ain't over. I'm still here, and I'm still determined to do this right. I had a setback... a bump in the road... an extended weekend of feeling like my normal self again and all the ugliness that can entail.

Won't be the last time, I can pretty much promise you that. But what's most important, is I plan to make it 'the exception,' and not 'the rule.'

You'll see.

(And thank you, thank you again to those of you who are checking in on me and thinking good thoughts for me!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous

Hang in there Kristen, we all have setbacks. and think you are still minus 3 from the starting point. Peggy

berta

yes, you are still down! stay focused on that and you'll still go in the right direction! :-) sorry i spent the last 2 weeks in hawaii away from a computer and couldn't keep up with your progress... well i'm back!!!! (and congrats on a great 1st day at the new job, another reason i am SO proud of you!) LOVE YOU!

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP