Not Myself Today.
I woke up this morning and actually WANTED to go to the Y. Whoa.
Had a very nice date, then, with the elliptical machine and my itunes. My favorite workout song right now: 'My Life Would Suck Without You' by Kelly Clarkson. That one really, really makes me want to push it... Love that! It also makes me think of my hubby because that's his ringtone on my phone, and of course there is nothing I like to think about more than my hubby.
(Here's a picture of me and Andy taken during the summer of 2002. Don't I look good!?!?)
I grabbed a class schedule at the Y today... I totally want to go to one soon! (After I feel a little 'broken in,' if you know what I mean!) Maybe even one day a spinning class with Katie?
Will also have to start doing some strength-training soon, too. Definitely important.
On the way out of the Y this cute little kid came up to me and asked if I wanted to buy some lemonade. My first thought about the lemonade was remembering the traditional kool-aid, one-full-cup-of-sugar-with-a-little-bit-of-water-type lemonade, and I thought "No way!" so I told him I didn't have my wallet with me (not really a lie because when he asked me I truly did not have my wallet with me, but it was in the car about 20 yards away, so it was kind of a lie). I felt kind of bad because I would normally have spent the 50-cents or $1 or whatever it was, but I honestly didn't want the sugar. (In retrospect, I suppose I could have just either given him a $1.00 donation or asked him if it was sugar-free... I mean come on, they were selling it at the Y!)
And then before I got out of the car at home, I looked at my workout shoes (that I only wear at the Y) and decided to leave them in my car because I figure I'll just have to grab them again when I go to the Y tomorrow morning...
Who IS this person!?!?!
(And just to be clear, I'm not a completely new 'me' yet: The old me could be seen last night at Cancun shoveling chips and white stuff in my mouth one right after the other with barely a breath in between... ) :)
4 comments:
Very proud of you honey! You know I am your biggest fan...
Spinning class sounds like a great goal! I can't wait to do it with you! And you should definitely check out Jill's strength pump class once you feel up for it - it's an awesome workout and you can go at your own pace and use whatever weights you want (3, 5, 8, 10 lbs)!!
fine andy, you win but i'm her 2nd biggest fan! sista, i am definitely coming over to spin with you and katie... love you! great job this week and don't worry, the lemonade kid will get over it :-)
Hi Kristen,
I hear you when you say "who is this person" I went thru the drive thru for my kids yesterday while shopping and didn't get anything!!! I didn't ask for a taste of anything either :) I did tell them to hurry up and eat it tho....almost couldn't resist the smell. I am so happy that things are going well!! I don't think you can totally ban yourself from all good things (cancun) or you just fail all together..atleast that's how my brain works.
Had a shocker yesterday, while shopping with my girls, they were talking about their weight(I was not in that convo) but then they asked me how much I weighed when I was younger. I said I weighed 135 (what my 15 yr old weighs now) when I got married. WOW!!!! I look at her and how rail thin she is! That will get ya workin' :) Keep strivin for that HOT chick in the picture with her hubby LOL :)
Carrie
Post a Comment