Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3...
We are leaving today to go to a cabin with some friends, and although I'm unbelievably excited to get away and see great friends, I'm crazy-scared about what it means for me and my weight loss effort.... it'll be a test. A HUGE test.
Normally we eat like kings when we're away like this, and normally I stash a few candy bars or treats or something else I might be craving in my bag for emergency use because surely I'm not getting enough to eat already (sssh, don't tell Andy about the treat stash!).
Oh boy...
So, I can tell you several things about this weekend:
1) I really will try to do well overall.
2) It will be a really, really challenging weekend for me.
3) The chance that I will go the whole weekend or even one whole day without indulging a little bit is about as likely as me winning the lottery tonight without even having bought a ticket.
4) I will do as much as I can to remember the 'big picture.'
So we'll see. I'd like to promise that it will be great and I'll eat just right for someone trying to lose weight, but I know me and I know I'm strong and capable of losing this weight and all that, but I'm also not perfect and self-control with food has NEVER been a quality I possess.
Will definitely check in on Sunday when we get back!! Think good thoughts for me!!
2 comments:
Not that it helps now that the weekend is over, (but these weekends seem to be the bane of anyone who is trying to live "skinny")...when I go on a trip like this, I bring a lot of little things (cut fruit, oatmeal, granola bars, or even bean burger patties) that help me avoid the 'community' meals served, as they typically do not suit my needs. I also tell people about why I choose not to eat certain things so they aren't offended, and I intentionally try to get people active (which includes myself) by prompting games of things like Bocce ball, going for hikes or walks, or playing with kids. (Hide and Seek is the BEST workout ever between the running and the crouching!!) Little things, but all those extra movements and reduced calories makes such a difference when done all the time! Hope it's helpful! Keep up the good work, it's totally inspiring! Love Cousin D
I'm waiting!!!!!
Post a Comment